The White Cliffs Hotel is set in the heart of the picturesque village of St. Margaret's-at-Cliffe under a mile from the beautiful beach at St. Margaret's Bay in celebrated White Cliffs Country. This is the closest hotel in England to the coast of France at Calais 21 miles away and is just seven minutes drive from the port and Cruise Terminal at Dover. Hotel Dover Kent.
The hotel is centred around an archetypal Kentish weather-boarded inn that dates back to the 16th Century the style captures the essence of life in coastal England
with a contemporary atmosphere and a refreshingly independent
The Bay Restaurant & Bar
is at the heart of the hotel, as the Michelin Guide would say 'it's the sort of place worth that's worth a detour' if passing through Dover. The place attracts locals who often drop in for lunch, afternoon tea or dinner with friends in the often buzzing and lively atmosphere. Featured in The Which Good Food Guide
there's daily changing Blackboard Menu with The Catch of The Bay and more. There's also our Mile Away Menu on which everything on it comes from within a mile of us* and our Seasonally Changing Menu with some perennial favourites such as Fish & Chips in beer batter with real proper chips and mushy peas, 28 day hung Kentish Beef with Béarnaise, Romney Marsh Lamb, Monkshill Farm Pork Chops, Rope-grown Mussels in scrumpy and more...
In winter, guests can warm themselves by our roaring log fires
whilst in summer they are welcome to enjoy the sun in our beach style walled garden
You can even take a Spa Break
here and benefit from the haven of peace and tranquility in the grounds of our sister hotel's fabulous Spa
a two minute drive or short stroll away...
The White Cliffs Hotel
nestles in the heart of the village of St Margarets at Cliffe near Dover, Kent, a Dover hotel ideally situated only ninety minutes drive
or 75 minutes by the new High Speed Train service
from the city of London & seven minutes drive from the port of Dover
. With ample FREE ONSITE PARKING The White Cliffs is a hassle-free alternative to hotels in the traffic-filled centre and port of Dover. Hotel Dover Kent.
If you are looking for a welcoming & comfortable hotel in or near Dover then look no further this could be what you have been looking for... Oh, and we're rated the Number 1 Place to Stay
in the area on Tripadvisor
Top 10 Things to do during your stay...
1. Visit The White Cliffs National Trust Visitor Centre Dover and walk the coastal paths - more info>>>
2. Spend a day at Dover Castle with it's amazing Great Tower & New Secret Wartime Tunnels Exhibition - more info>>>
3. Discover St. Margaret's Bay near Dover and walk the Frontline Britain Trail to The South Foreland Lighthouse - more info>>>
4. Relax and indulge yourselves with a day in The Garden of England Spa at Wallett's Court Hotel Dover - more info>>>
5. Take a day trip from Dover to Calais on one of P&O's fabulous new ferries - more info>>>
6. Book a table for dinner at the Michelin Rated Restaurant at nearby Wallett's Court Hotel Dover - more info>>>
7. Take a Pilgrimage from Dover to Canterbury with its stunning Cathedral, the shopping is pretty fabulous too! - more info>>>
8. Have a mooch around the bohemian antique and bric-a-brac shops in nearby Deal & Sandwich - more info>>>
9. Get down to Margate for a wander around the newly opened Turner Contemporary Gallery - more info>>>
10. Take a tour of The Garden of England with your own chauffeur and guide - more info>>>
CALL TO BOOK 01304 852229
Best Loved Hotels of The World - Green Tourism Silver Award - The Good Food GuideDover Hotels - An Alastair Sawdays Special Place to Stay - Dover Hotel Hotel Dover Kent.
The White Cliffs Hotel and The Bay Restaurant, High Street, St. Margaret's-at-Cliffe, Dover, Kent CT15 6ATT: +44 01304 852 229 Freephone 0800 756 9964 F: 0800 756 5574 E: firstname.lastname@example.orgDover Hotels in Dover Kent. A Hotel in Dover, Kent. Guest Accommodation in Dover